Saturday, December 6, 2008

DecaAwesome List Number Four

The DecaAwesome List for the week ending December 6th.

1. Self-help books. God, I am so awful, but I am finding a couple of them really, truly helpful.

2. Creativity. Been thinking a lot about my story, and I have some interesting ideas. Also, my roommate is a composer and it's rad to hear him write music.

3. McIntosh Apples. Yummy and sweet. Best. Apples. Ever.

4. Cinnamon toast. Bread, butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Tell me a way you can combine those ingredients that's not effing delicious.

5. Gettin' shit done. I worked like a dog most of Thanksgiving weekend, but holy crap, did I produce.

6. Pure Citrus. It's a room spray, but it smells like fresh oranges. It's brilliant.

7. On Demand. Ordered and saw The Incredible Hulk tonight without leaving the couch.

8. Ruthless efficiency. I achieve it sometimes, and I'm pretty close to it these last two weeks.

9. Honesty. I'm trying out a new thing: being honest about how I feel about things. Today was kinda shitty, so when people asked me how I was (I mean, really asked me, not just howya doin'), I told them: I'm okay, but not great. And lately, when I've felt anti-social, I've just told folks, look, I can't be around people now. It's going to be a real test to see if I can keep this up around my family. I always like to act like everything is fine, so we'll see how honest I can be. It's a good thing, though, so I want to keep doing it.

10. Nuts in the shell. I bought unshelled nuts for the dessert course of my Thanksgiving. Only a few nuts got eaten, so that leaves a bowl and a half of nuts for eatin'. I've discovered that brazil nuts are pretty delicious, and that walnuts aren't just for cookies anymore. Also, the unshelled nuts just scream holiday to me. As does the case of cuties I bought.

Bonus #11. Cuties. Small, cute, and sweet. I am what I eat, neh?*


*"Neh" is an expression from Ender's Game that roughly translates as, "don't you think so?" 

No comments: