Sunday, December 14, 2008

DecaAwesome List Number Five

For the week ending 12/13/08.

1. Sunshine. This movie is incredible. It's gorgeous. The score is beautiful. And it's suspenseful and mind-blowing, yet still somehow so believable. WOW.

2. End-of-semester parties in lieu of classes. You get to eat cupcakes and cupcakes are great. Also, you don't have to teach.

3. Getting the stressful thing overwith. I'm so glad the faculty recital is over. It was stressing me out.

4. Candy Cane Jo-Jos. Trader Joe's Christmas cookies. They're like doublestuff oreos with ground up candy canes in 'em. Transcendent.

5. Ricky Gervais. I saw his comedy special the other day, and I was freaking crying, I was laughing so hard. The whole thing about Humpty Dumpty? I just lost it.

6. Finishing up Christmas cards. I'm almost done. Four left!

7. Poinsettias. I can actually have one this year.

8. Straws. They make any drink--even water--more festive.

9. Magazines. I bought two this week and got one in the mail. When I read them, it feels like I'm on vacation already.

10. The marimba. Saw a great piece for solo marimba last night at LACO. What an amazing instrument.

No comments: