Tuesday, February 3, 2009

DecaAwesome List for the week of 2/2

Here's a list of then things that rock this week.

1. Wogging. It's my term for walk-jogging. Since I'm still out of shape it's what I do on my morning run. I jog until my heart explodes and then I walk for a while. When I'm out of the near-death zone, I jog again. I do this for thirty minutes just about every morning.

2. Tiger Beer. It's from Singapore and it's delicious. Some friends found a place in L.A. that sells it, and brought some over for the Superbowl. I had heard of Tiger before I went to Singapore because it was a beer that novelist Anthony Burgess (A Clockwork Orange) drank when he lived in Malaysia. One of his first novels is actually called Time for a Tiger. I bought my very first Tiger off of a food cart in Singapore. The beer was as ice cold as the day was steaming hot. I drank it while I walked down the street. You can do that in Singapore. It's brilliant.

3. Puffs Plus tissues. These lotion-y tissues are a godsend when you're sick. My roommate has a cold right now and I'm coming down with it too, so I'm heading to the store tomorrow to replenish my supply.

4. Crystal Light. Now that I'm on this "live-it" (as opposed to "diet," thanks, Jon!) I can't drink as much of my beloved lemonade. So I've been drinking Crystal Light and it's really not that bad. I used to only drink it when hiking, but it's nice as a drink to break up the monotony of water, water, water.

5. Strawberry Nutri-Grain bars. A delicious breakfast on the run. I love strawberries. I even love strawberry-flavored things. Other berry-flavored things, not so much. 

6. the L.L. Bean Boat and Tote. K and C got me one for Christmas (it's got "Gryffindor" stitched onto it and it's house colors!!!) and it is a freaking awesome bag. Been using it as my schoolbag for wintercession. I can tell I'm going to be using this thing forevs. Thanks, guys!

7. Facebook. What can I say? The status bar, the pictures (I get excited when I see that someone's tagged me in a photo!), my Wall. I enjoy it very much. I'm not on it every day, but I love checking in and seeing what folks are doing. I also like coming up with interesting things to put on my status bar. Status bar statements have to be true, but I like them to be interesting as well. 

8. Good Superbowl games. This one was actually an interesting game to watch. Not like other Superbowls that were blowouts or boring. There were challenged calls, stunning reversals of fortune, and a dude running 100 yards for a TD. A dude whose heart almost exploded. You could tell.

9. Clementines. Just bought a new box and I am enjoying them so much. So fresh. So juicy.

10. Caffeine. I don't drink coffee or soda or anything with caffeine, but when I'm really dragging, I take a caffeine pill. It's a pretty rare thing; I do it maybe once a month under normal circumstances. The weird thing is that I don't get the obvious feeling of being more awake. No, I gradually start feeling like everything is going to be just fine. I'm going to get everything done on time and under budget. It makes me want to make more lists and get organized. The caffeine provides a truly pleasant sensation, but I won't overuse it because I don't want it to lose its effectiveness. 

No comments: